Its very easy to make and my kids actually asked me if I could make this every night! So I think it's a winner!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 (4 oz) raw chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 4 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ground black pepper
- t tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat 1 tsp oil in medium skillet over medium high heat
- Add chicken: cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil over medium high heat.
- Add shallots; cook, stirring frequently for 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, and thyme. Season with pepper if desired, cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add capers, olives, and chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Remove bay leaf.
- Divide evenly between four serving plates. Top with chicken breast and sauce.