Week 1 P90X3 Women's Progress Update and Meal Plan



I'm excited to say that week 1 of P90X3 is in the bag!!!  I can't tell you how excited that I am to finally have a new program to do!  I am the type of person that gets easily bored so this couldn't of come at a more perfect time.  Just when the holiday rush hits, life gets busy and if you aren't into your workouts it becomes easy to skip them!  Do you know what I'm talking about?  So I ordered P90X3 and put on the rush shipping so I could get started as soon as possible.  So now here I am one week into it and I can't wait to share it with you!!

There are 4 options when doing P90X3.  You can do the classic, Mass, lean or Doubles. Classic is the traditional balance of cardio and resistance along with the typical muscle confusion like P90X.  You gain muscle, lose fat and feel amazing!  This is the choice that I am doing!

Lean is for those who prefer a more toned look.  It's not necessarily better for weight loss.  Both lean and classic can work equally well.  But instead of muscular hypertrophy you'll target functionality, mobility, and cardiovascular fitness.  You will still gain some muscle  you'll still lose fat, and you'll still get strong, you'll just stay lean.

Mass is for those looking for bulk over getting ripped.

Doubles is another niche rotation.  It's not appropriate for everyone and it's recommended you do 90 days of P90X3 before doing this.

So, I chose Classic because I want more muscle than being super lean.  I don't have a ton of weight to lose and in my personal opinion I want to look fit vs skinny fat.  I have the tendency to look very lanky because I have long legs and arms so anything that builds muscle is where I need to be!

So my first week of workouts looks like this.

P90X3 Workout Schedule
P90X3 workout options
Monday:  Total Synergistic- this is a full body resistance workout.  It  is my favorite so far with the push up side arm balance, the boat and the plow, the plie squats, balance moves and more.  I feel like I got a great workout and the kicker is its only 30 minutes and its on with my day!!!
P90X3 Day 1

Tuesday:  Agility X- This is a full body workout that requires you to tape off the floor and do some agility work.  For me I use the seams of my mats to be my tape strips.  The moves in this workout are targeted movements that really give you forced explosion, deceleration, and proprioceptive adaptations. It really is all about moving with ease and controlling your body.  It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but definitely not a boring workout.
P90X3 Agility X Workout Sneak Peak

Wednesday:  X3 Yoga- As much as I dislike slowing down and doing workouts like this they are much needed.  You want to do the yoga for your flexibility, balance, stamina, body awareness, and core strength.  It's a flow style of yoga!!  It will make you stronger in all areas of X3.

Thursday:  The Challenge- hello push ups and pull ups.  This workout is KILLER!!!!!  No joke I thought I was going to die.  So, I modified a TON!!!! I used the pull up assist, I did push ups on my knees and took breaks when I needed.  I always say that any workout is better than none at all.  Plus I would rather not injure myself on the first week of the workout.  So I took my time, learned the moves and each week I will get stronger and better!
So in order to help you get the most out of this workout, watch this video before doing it.  Make sure your area is set up and you have the equipment you need so you aren't fumbling around during the workout.

Friday:  CVX- This combines resistance with intervals to increase all areas of your fitness.  You get a great cardio workout using resistance as well.

Flex Friday, P90X3
Saturday:  The Warrior- total body workout, free of equipment and sweaty as all get out!!!  It's fun, it's challenging and you will love it!  It's packed with lots of Tony Horton original jokes!!  Oh geez kids, hold on!!!


So what do I feel???  After 1 week of X3 I am definitely sore!  I feel great but the first week of a new workout is always the hardest.  You don't know the moves so you fumble through and you do the best you can.  I know that week 2 is always better because you have the moves down and you feel a little more confident.  So like anything new it takes time!  But if you give up before you truly get started you will never know if it was worth it!  So, here is to week 2 and kicking it up a notch and getting those results.


The second part of the workout plan is your nutrition??  Yes, 80% of your results come from what you eat!  You can absolutely eat whatever you want but if you won't get the results you want no matter how hard you try.  You don't want to starve yourself, you don't want to go extreme but you want to be healthy.  So I am going to share with you my first week of P90X3 and what I ate.  Hopefully this will help you to make better decisions as well.  I followed the principles of clean eating.  
Principles of Clean Eating

I aimed to drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water each day.  Even though that is tough, I really keep track of my water intake because of all things that is super important to your results.  Staying hydrated affects so many more things than just what is on the surface.  
How to Drink more Water

My meal plan is simple because that is how I roll.  I don't have a ton of time to make fancy meals but I have time to make it healthy and routine.  Everyone is happy, we all eat the same thing and life is good!
P90X3 Meal Plan, Week 1, Women's Clean Eating Meal Plan


So this is just the beginning of my 12 week journey!  I plan to update you, share my progress, my struggles and everything P90X3!!  So subscribe to my blog on the left to get weekly updates and stay tuned for more fun!!!


If you would like to join me in doing P90X3 I will be hosting an exclusive P90X3 test group where I will guide you through the entire program, we will get amazing results and you could have the change to win $500 if you submit your before and after pictures!
If you are interested check out the details here




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,