How To Stay On Track With Your Health And Fitness Goals On Vacation

Happy Wednesday!

Mitro Family Vacation


This week the Mitro Family is on vacation!  We left on Saturday morning and headed to Florida to hit up the beach for a week!  Our boys have been so excited to go to the beach and Legoland that they haven't stopped talking about it all summer.  We got here and the weather has been gorgeous and the sun has been shining!  It's so nice to just relax and chill on the beach with our family.  
Mitro Family Vacation
Landon with the birds on the beach

People ask me all the time how I stay on track while I vacation so I thought now is the best time to share with you how I keep myself focused while away!  

My VACATION GAME PLAN!!!!
I have my workout gear packed for everyday.  I scoped out the gym when we made our reservations for the hotel.  I also packed my T25, 21 day fix and Piyo workouts.  So no matter what I have an option to get in my workouts!

I ordered a box of shakeology packets vs the box because it travels easily.  I have my shaker cup and if you need a blender pick up the Hamilton Beach Mini Blender because it is a single cup and is quiet and super easy to travel with.  Yes you can take Shakeology on an airplane and yes you can pack the blender!  If you have a bag and want to take it with you just grab one of those baby formula storage containers and it fits 1 scoop very nicely in there!!!

Shakeology for Breakfast on Vacation
My Shakeology on the balcony of the hotel

I have cocoa roasted almonds in the individual serving size packets for snacks and lots of water.

Once we got to the hotel we hit up the local grocery store.  We made sure to get a hotel room with a kitchen so we didn't have to eat every meal out.  We picked up:
So the game plan is to eat breakfast in each morning.  So for myself I typically drink my Shakeology or have a bowl of oatmeal in the morning.  Then, snacks we can throw into our bags are fresh fruit and nuts, cheese sticks, hummus and veggies ect.....
For lunch we come back to the room and either have a wrap or a salad with fruit and then head back to the beach or pack a cooler and take lunch with us.

Dinner is typically out at a restaurant and I do my best to make a healthy choice.  So far I have asked for my veggies to be steamed without butter.  I have asked for substitute for mashed potatoes or french fries.  Ask for a sweet potato plain or a side salad instead of coleslaw.  All dressings go on the side, leave of sour cream, tartar sauce, and creamy toppings.  Pass on the bread basket at all costs!  The key is to conserve the obvious calories because you know that no matter what you do you are eating more calories than you think!  So do your best, don't obsess and enjoy your vacation.  

Do I eat ICE CREAM-------  OF COURSE I DO!!!  I had a waffle cone on Monday and it was amazing! We walked a few blocks to an ice cream store and back!!!  I have a few fruity drinks to because it's vacation and that's what I want! Saturday Sangria and a few Mojitos!!!  The key is this:  Pick and choose what you really want!  Don't eat it ALL, drink or eat what you REALLY want and pass on the ehhhh things!  

Yesterday we went to Legoland and I ate a bar on the way there.  We had grilled chicken salads for lunch, gatorade for hydration, then we hit up a restaurant on the way home for some fish tacos!  See, even going to an amusement park doesn't have to be a death sentence. Was there temptation, yes!!! There were nachos, fries, burgers, hot dogs and more!  But I just focused on fueling myself for energy so I didn't hit a wall at the park.  It's just that change in mindset, fuel your body for energy!  (REPEAT)
Yes I workout on Vacation- Don't you??

The last key to success is WORK OUT!  Don't make excuses that you are on vacation!  Remember that your workouts are something that make you feel good.  Its not work, its giving you energy, strength and stamina to go and play all day with your family.  My workouts are just a part of who I am.  I love feeling strong, I love sweating, and I love knowing that I am doing something good for my body.  The workouts keep me in check.  I am not worried about losing weight on vacation.  I just want to maintain and keep the healthy habits in check!  

Workout Motivation, Vacation Tips, Melanie MItro
Plank on vacation---

So get your workout in no matter what!  I still get up at 5 am to do my workout because it is a part of who I am and I don't want it to interfere with the rest of the day!  So off to the gym I go!
Monday Motivation, Beach Workout, Vacation, Fitness, Inspiration
My sister in law, My vacation workout buddy

VACATION is FUN, don't let it stress you out!  Think outside the box, get creative with your food and don't be afraid to speak up and ask for what you want!!!

ENJOY!  Be back on Saturday!!!!!!  

Labels: , , , , , , , ,