Team Beachbody Leadership Retreat


Last week I was away at the Team Beachbody Leadership Retreat in Scottsdale Arizona.  The Leadership retreat is a yearly event that the company holds for coaches that are 2 Star Diamond and above and have qualified by achieving a certain amount of elite points.  2 Star Diamond means that you have sponsored at least 2 coaches that have reached the rank of Diamond.  The leadership retreat is designed to provide advanced training to coaches to help them grow their organizations, manage their time, effectively communicate with others and expand your market.  This is a 2 day seminar with speakers, celebrity trainer workouts, mix and mingle parties in the evenings and down time to network with other leaders.  The entire event was absolutely amazing. it was held at the Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale Arizona.  It is one of the most beautiful resorts that we have been to.  The spa alone was the most fabulous experience.

Last year I attended the Leadership Retreat in Dana Point California with my coach Sara Stakeley.  This year I had 9 other Dream TEAM coaches and myself at the event.  We have really grown in leadership over the past 12 months and it was amazing to be able to share this event with them.  

My personally sponsored coach Katy Ursta spoke at the event telling her personal transformation story with the company.  Alyssa Schomaker is currently the #8 coach in the entire organization and is in the running for ELITE 10 and the trip to Paris.  I just couldn't be more proud of the amazing leadership and professionalism that our team brings to the table.

Spa Day At the Fairmont Princess
So the first day we were there I spoiled my Elite Coaches with a trip to the spa to relax and unwind from the day to day hustle and bussle of our businesses.

Elite Reception with The Dream Team Elite, Deidra Penrose and Katy Ursta

Wednesday night Beachbody hosted an Elite Reception that had a Paris theme out on the lawn of the resort.  It was an awesome way to welcome the top coaches to the event.

Thursday morning we woke up for a sunrise workout with Autumn Calabrese!! We had the opportunity to try out her brand new workout, 21 Day Fix Extreme that will be released in February of 2015.  This is going to be step 2 of the 21 day fix and it will combine weights and cardio together to get you absolutely ripped.  
Elite Workout with Autumn Calabrese, 21 Day Fix Extreme 

Can you find me in the back row on stage?!  Post 21 Day Fix Extreme Workout in Scottsdale Arizona

After our morning workout it was time to head over for the Elite Sneak Peak.  This means that the Elite Coaches have the opportunity to have an exclusive meeting with CEO and Co Founder Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon to hear about the progress of the company and the plans for the coming months.  


The thing that stands out to me the most is that Team Beachbody has an amazing foundation of Integrity plus business structure. The mission is exactly what is practiced on a daily basis.  The company truly believes in helping others achieve healthy and fulfilling lives and we do it each and every single day by our challenge groups, our new coach training and leadership training.  Every goal that the company sets is surrounded by the core values. 

We learned that there is a brand new workout being released in December of this year. Insanity Max 30.  
Insanity Max 30 Coming December 2014


There is also a workout coming in February 2015 called The 21 Day Fix Extreme which is step 2 of the 21 day fix by Autumn Calabrese.  More to come about this workout as well.  But I am really beyond excited about this!

Dream TEAM Morning workout with Autumn Calabrese
I also had the opportunity to speak at the leadership event.  I spoke about how to manage your team and your time.  I feel like this is an area that I struggled with for a long time until I really got a system in place to determine what required my time and what did not.  I spoke about how to identify the leaders on your team and then what to do with those leaders once you have them identified.  How do you foster growth, leadership and independence?  How do you have that sense of community in a large organization?  All of those things have been covered and will be uploaded shortly.
Melanie Mitro Elite 10 Coach, Leadership 2014

Speaking on How To Manage Your Team and Your Time

On Saturday morning Katy Ursta, 5 Star Diamond, 6 Star Qualifying Coach had the chance to share her story about how she overcame Stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma while having a 4 year old, infant and growing Beachbody Business. What are you sweating for?  Check out her story at Super Saturday this weekend.  She is one of the most phenomenal individuals that I know.  I am beyond blessed and truly happy for her ability to make such an awesome difference in the lives of others around her.  Its pretty cool to see how her decision to earn a little extra income has become a life changing decision.

We really learned a ton of great information that we are now taking back to our teams to help each coach grow into amazing leaders.  Of course we also did a lot of goofy things to! We practiced our stunting skills in the common areas and of course couldn't pass up the opportunity to take some pictures.


We might be in our workout clothes 99% of the time but we sure can clean up nice.  Here is our team all fancy at the welcome party! 



So what did I learn from this event:

I am in this business for the long haul.  I absolutely love representing a company that has a strong mission, that believes in its products and those around them and truly wants coaches to succeed.  I am making my mission for the next 3 months of the year to not only help people get into the best shape of their lives but to help my coaches achieve THEIR goals.  I want to put my own personal agenda on the back burner and give my all to others.

My mission is to be a servant leader.  It is the thing that drives me every single morning when I get out of bed.   How can I help others achieve the success that I have.  It's not just about ME, it's about WE!  The entire Dream Team makes me excited to wake up each day.  Next year I want 20 coaches attending that Leadership event with me in California.  

My core mission is to develop systems to enhance new coaches growth pattern and decrease frustration and fear.  If we as the leaders of the company step up, put our heads together and focus on who needs help we truly can change the face of health and fitness forever.

So, here is the question, have you ever thought about becoming a coach?  Do you genuinely like helping others?  Do you want to inspire others to live their best life?
I want to help you achieve success so that you can be on our next trip together.
Please complete the application below to get into my new coach bootcamp starting on October 6th 2014.  Only a few spots left so don't delay.

Also, I am hosting an informational session about what coaching is tomorrow night at 9:00 pm EST.  You can watch live on Youtube right from your home and ask questions and get answers.





Labels: , , , , , , , ,