Mint Chocolate Truffles- Healthy Holiday Recipes


I'm surrounded from every single angle by sugar cookies {my favorite} yummy dips, carb loaded appetizers and I won't lie.... I want it all!!!  Goodness gracious this is HARD!  Do you feel me?!? Are you the same way?  I mean seriously it's crazy, I can't believe how my senses are heightened to all the bad foods around me because I generally just can't even eat it!  I am trying to stay focused on my MAX30 results because after all I am in the test group.  We are on week 7 and I have a week and a half left so it's super focused game time!!!!

So, how do you handle the holiday temptations?  TRICKY TRICKY!
#1 I make something that I can eat! For example over the past weekend we had friends over and of course I knew everyone was bringing desserts so I purposefully made the no bake pb shakeology balls so that I could have a treat!  I made sure to send most desserts home with everyone and then lets the kids have what they wanted and the rest found its way to the trash that night!

#2 I pre-eat.  I never leave it to chance that the place where I am going is going to have healthy options.  I just assume that its all going to be fried food with lots of carbs and ranch dressing!  I make sure to have  well balanced meal or my Shakeology before a party and then when I do get there I make it all about socializing and not about the food!  I keep a glass of sparkling water in hand and grab veggies if they are there!  No one ever notices because I'm busy doing other things!  I leave the party not feeling guilty or bloated and I am still on track.  

When it comes to staying on track you can't worry about what everyone else is going to think and you certainly can't worry about offending someone for not eating.  Its your body and you have the choice to choose what you eat!  So make sure you keep that front and center in your mind!
Ok so now the whole point of this post was to share a recipe with you and I totally got off track!  So on the Team Beachbody Website  there are all sorts of great recipes and tips to keep you on track!  I found this little beauty and instantly fell in love!  I'm sharing it with you all because it would be perfect to tuck into your holiday arrangements and not have the guilt with it too!

Mint chocolate Truffles, Healthy Holidays, Melanie MItro
Mint Chocolate Truffles
These minty truffles have so much chocolate flavor, one is all you need!
Total Time: 4 hrs. 10 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 12 servings, 1 truffle each
Ingredients:
5 oz dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or higher, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
½ cup lite coconut milk
½ tsp. pure mint extract (or pure vanilla extract) BE REALLY CAREFUL, if you go overboard you will ruin the whole batch!
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
Preparation:
1. Place chocolate, coconut oil, and mint extract in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Bring coconut milk to a gentle boil in small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add coconut milk to chocolate mixture; whisk gently until combined.
4. Place chocolate mixture, covered, in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out 1 Tbsp. of chocolate mixture. Roll into a ball. Roll in cocoa powder until evenly coated. Repeat steps five and six until there are twelve truffles.
6. Store in refrigerator for up to one week or in freezer for three months.

Clean Eating Mint chocolate Truffles, holiday recipes

Did you like this recipe???  Feel Free To SHARE WITH OTHERS!

Happy HEALTHY HOLIDAYS!!!

Healthy Holidays, Clean Eating Tips, Dessert Recipes, Holiday Recipes


To see more articles like this:
http://www.teambeachbody.com/teambeachbodyblog/nutrition/mint-chocolate-truffles


Labels: , , , ,