Week 6 Plan And Prep For PiYo

It's not just GAME TIME for the Steelers today but it is game time for the entire Mitro family today!

We gave ourselves permission to stay in our jammies this morning, to turn off the alarm and snuggle under the covers for a few extra hours and spend some quality time as a family today.  Now I'm sitting in the office with my blog and recipes open, my blank meal plan template and my grocery list getting our family game plan together!  I feel like we have been flying by the seat of our pants for the past few weeks. While we are so much in the clean eating routine that we just do it, I find that we keep sneaking in some extra treats lately.  Everything from a few extra cocktails to a few trips to the ice cream store!  We have lived life in moderation but the extra sugar is affecting my skin!  Holy breakouts lately!  I just realize how sensitive my skin is to the foods I eat plus my mood definitely is not my "normal" self when I am not eating clean!  It's like sugar zaps my energy, my mental clarity and I am not on my "A" game!  It's the same way when I don't drink enough water.  I'm just not ALL THERE!  So I am committed to being back on my "A" game and for passing that down to my kids as well.

I'm starting week 6 of PiYo Strength Plan with my "Take  Your Life Back Challenge Group" and I'm pumped about their results and about continuing to lead them in the right direction! 

So I have my meal plan prepped!  I sat down with my blog and chose some of our fall favorites like the pumpkin pancakes for breakfast next week and the pumpkin protein bars as a snack.  Check out the Eat Clean Recipes Tab for the recipes!  

I am also starting to rotate in some more fall casseroles because we have been grilling for the past 3 months and I'm ready for a few comfort foods.  

I always feel better when I have a plan in place, when I print out my plan and hang it on the fridge.  I just know that it makes life easier if I can just glance at the plan and know that is what we are eating for the week.  I will be honest, I don't stick to this plan 100%.  It's more like a guide for the week. We flop days around, sometimes we eat out instead of following the plan.  But, at least the food is in the house and we know what the general game plan is.  I bought a bulletin board that this hangs on along with the grocery list.  

Water is my personal goal for this week:  It's really easy to get relaxed on the water.  To forget to drink your 8, but this really does affect my clarity and my hunger level.  So water is the #1 focus and my 2nd focus is not eating sugar or sweets this week!  I tend to fall into the carb loving, sweets trap and once I start it is very hard to pull myself back out.  I know this will take will power and accountability but I can do it!

So, this week follow my Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/melaniemitro where I am going to share my weekly journey, my kicking the sugar habit and my water intake!  Feel free to post and share your tips too!  I'd love to hear what you do to keep your own sugar cravings in check!  

PiYo Meal Plan, Week 6, Strength Plan, Plan B, Melanie Mitro, Transformation Story, Beachbody Challenge, Clean Eating, Recipes, Meal Planning, Water tips
Fight against the urge to fall back into your old unhealthy habits

It's go time!!  

Workouts have been going great and I truly love PiYo.  In the past 6 weeks my core is stronger, my flexibility is improving, I feel restored, I feel strong, and I can actually see my arms toning along with my booty lifted and a little more leg definition. I do believe that PiYo, despite the high intensity movements works and delivers the results it says it does.  Coming from a girl who believes in dripping sweat after every workout, this has been a very good challenge for me!  

PiYo Meal Plan, Week 6, Strength Plan, Plan B, Melanie Mitro, Transformation Story, Beachbody Challenge, Clean Eating, Recipes, Meal Planning, Water tips

If you have thought about doing PiYo, I highly recommend it!  It is worth sticking with it for the entire 8 weeks and giving your body the much needed restoration it deserves.  Lets face it.  We only get 1 body and we need to take care of it.  We want to me able to move and grow as we age so lets listen and respond accordingly.  Is your body telling you to SLOW DOWN?!

Make time for yourself:  30 minutes a day is doable and it will give you confidence, health and nutrition to keep up with the busy demands of your day.


PiYo Meal Plan, Week 6, Strength Plan, Plan B, Melanie Mitro, Transformation Story, Beachbody Challenge, Clean Eating, Recipes, Meal Planning, Water tips
Want to know what our family eats {and yes we all eat this way}


It's go time!  Lets make week 6 of PiYo count! I hope you have a wonderful healthy and happy week!!!  


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,